So where is he at right now?
- He is crawling like a star, can climb on almost anything and is cruising fairly confidently between furniture.
- We are pretty sure we have heard him say Mumma, Dadda, cow, bird and up.
- He loves to be cuddled off to sleep and still expects to be cuddled back off to sleep very regularly during the night. You can imagine from a parent's perspective this is a mixed blessing!
- He desperately wants to know how things work - the mechanics of a book are much more interesting than its contents, kitchen drawers and cupboards provide hours of entertainment.
- He is willing to eat anything. We don't remember any food he has ever rejected and there is a long list of things we would rather he didn't eat but he is very keen - dirt, shells, pumice stones, chalk and sand.
- He loves hanging out with his sisters - they share a whole lot of jokes that we will never understand. His face lights up when Pippa and Madeleine walk in the room.
- The time between recognising what he wants and protesting that he hasn't got it yet is about 5 seconds!
- He does a fantastic bear impersonation.
- He has perfected the art of the shoulder snuggle. He is normally very busy but those times just before he goes off to bed or soon after he wakes up are just beautiful. He melts into your shoulder and the fit is just perfect.
He had some other handmade goodness - a gorgeous corduroy hoodie from Caroline and a very sweet knitted bunny from my Mum. I will share these with you when I have managed to take some photos.
So here is our family celebrating Will's Birthday. This little boy has brought so much more love, laughter, happiness and just a little bit more chaos into our lives!! We wouldn't want it any other way.