Four years down the track I've finally done it! Christmas day is over in a flash - an advent calendar gives you the chance to enjoy the anticipation of the big day and this one can be easily filled (and refilled) with special treats and suprises...
- Five metres of twill tape
- 8.5 - 9 metres of bias tape - I took the simple approach and bought mine
- Red fabric
- Something to make the numbers - I used my Silhouette and white heat transfer vinyl, but you can use whatever takes your fancy!
- Cut a rectangle 12cm x 15cm
- Fold the rectangle in half lengthwise and use a plate/cd/cup/whatever is close at hand to round off the bottom corner.
- Voila! Now you need to cut 48 of them out of your fabric
Next, take one front pocket piece and one back pocket piece. Place them wrong sides together. Take your bias tape and pin it to the curved edge of the back of the pocket. Pin through the bias, the back and the front pieces of the pocket.
Sew the bias tape on, using a 1cm seam allowance.
The next thing you need to do is flip the unsewn edge of the bias tape to the front of the pocket and pin carefully.
You should have 23 pockets that look like this...
Sew along the length of the twill tape close to the edge of the pockets. All of your raw edges should now be enclosed in the twill tape.
There - you're done! Fill your pockets with treats and have a very merry Christmas!