Apparently, children smile about 500 times a day. Yep, that’s right…500. By the time they reach adulthood it’s down to about 15. For both of my children, joy is an everyday experience. Through delighting in the everyday and the bizarre, life becomes an adventure. Watching Lizzy and Martin play the game of life is as inspiring as it is thought provoking.
It certainly got me thinking. How do you channel your inner child? Childhood is about the joy of discovery and for me, discovery as an adult is just as exciting. Obviously, the discoveries that I make are different to my children –unlike Martin I know what happens when I dump a bowl of spaghetti on my head or attempt to eat yoghurt with my fingers – but they are still what makes me tick.
Sometimes, it’s good to stop and think about the things that make you smile…
Here’s my list for the week.
- A new online fabric shop – beautiful material makes my heart race and gives me butterflies. It’s like being in love…truly. Oh and the fact you don’t even have to leave the comfort of your own lounge to indulge - heaven…
- Learning a new (and fantastic) way of inserting a zipper – (blatant promotion time – come along to our Introduction to Sewing Course if you would like to learn the technique!)
- Lizzy’s joy at school – I will never, never forget Lizzy’s pride as she presented me with her first sewing card (a pink heart, of course) It’s a moment that I want to freeze and hold close to my heart forever.
- Bouncing on a trampoline with my baby boy. Actually Marto, everything about you makes me smile.
- Finding a long forgotten block of chocolate at the back of the pantry. What can I say? Simple pleasures….
PS -Today's image is from Three Kitchen Fairies Etsy shop. Check it out - it's gorgeous!