I have really enjoyed the week and have completed two of the 3 offered projects.
Firstly, I made a little felt needle book. I am going to put it into a sewing kit I am assembling for the new primary school class at our family's school. I will blog about the whole kit when it is complete.
The other project I couldn't wait to start - the centre dogwood for the Modern Medallion Quilt.
Inspired by chalet girl's quilt, I have decided to use a dark solid for the embroidery back ground. It is looking a little stark right now but I am hoping the embroidery in lighter pearl cotton threads will soften it. And, if I am going to do all that work, I thought I should frame it with those little pink borders. My Mum taught me how to do these - they are cut at an inch wide , folded in half and then inserted into the seams leaving a 1/4 inch folded edge exposed. She feels you can get a better finish doing it this way than trying to add a 1/4 inch border - I am convinced.
I did the reverse applique in a pale pink pearl thread.