Mum's 70 Squares is off at the framers and I can pick it up next week.
- Firstly my Mum - every square will mean something to her. Spending all the time I have on this project has been a lovely way for me to focus on her, think about her life, her childhood, my childhood, her friends and family.
- My family and Mum's friends - it was great to ring up my Aunt, my Mum's cousin and her friends. I don't do that very often and I heard family history and stories about my Mum that I have not heard before.
- My tin of embroidery thread dictated the colour range! My theme was bright, clear colours with lots of blue.
- I drew most of the designs myself. If I got stuck, looking at clipart images helped me break down the idea into its simplest form (like the VW beetle - I found that really tricky)
- This was the very sweet tutorial I used for a Christmas tree.
- These great books: