In a moment of craziness I decided to come away without any sewing. That’s right – no hand sewing, no machine, fabrics or patterns. It seemed like a good idea at the time. Three days in and I’m starting to feel very, very twitchy… especially as I dropped my Kindle last night and I am now without any reading material.
With the absence of any real sewing or reading to do I’ve resorted to the best possible alternative – setting some New Year's Sewing Goals by blog hopping! What would we do without craft blogs?
- The new season of Project Run and Play begins in less than a week. I really, really want to play along this season!
- Inspired by my Christmas quilting success ( I still have to post about this) I want to make a gorgeous quilt for Mart for when he finally gets into his big boy bed.
- Needle felting... I have the roving, I have the needles. I just need the know- how!
- I want my big sister (yes - Maryanne is older than me he he!) to teach me how to knit...
- I want to organise my beautiful sewing room. I have a gorgeous space, but it's always, always, ALWAYS a mess!
This week has made me realise that sewing is no longer my hobby, it's my passion. I can hear Lizzy and Martin down on the beach with playing with their big cousins. Passion or not, I need to go and join them. The sewing can wait, but my children won’t always wait for me!
I know I'm a little early, but Happy New Year! Do you have any sewing goal for 2012?