So in the interests of being equal - Madeleine's skirt. It started as a woman's size 14 skirt.It was $9 and it also had a broken zip.
Madeleine was so excited by the concept of having a grown-up skirt re-modeled for her that she didn't want to wait for anything fancy. She said "Just cut the top off Mummy and put a piece of elastic in for the waist". In some ways I think I should have taken her advice, but I wanted something a little more challenging.
I made an exciting discovery - the inside of the waist band had been finished with the same contrast fabric as the pockets. So I made it narrower and flipped it so you can now see the binding. I kept all the fullness from the original skirt and made lots of pleats to reduce it to the size of the new waist band. I made sure I positioned the pleats so they sat either side of those gorgeous pockets. I didn't want them disappearing into any of those folds. I covered some buttons with the left over fabric scraps and added some button holes to the waist band.
There are a few other bits and pieces you may be interested in.
1. Madeleine takes her modelling very seriously!!!!
3. I haven't forgotten the promised tutorials. I apologise for being slack. Life has got very busy for us over the last 4 weeks. I hope to have felt morning chart and the knitting needle case tutorials up and running in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!