I bought some gorgeous Heather Bailey felt squares with another project in mind. They've been sitting in my sewing room for a while so I decided to have a go at fashioning my own phone case. It's completely different to the original one and not quite as beautiful, but I do like the finished product!
To make your own, you'll need...
- A 23cm by 18cm square of felt - wool felt is best as it won't pill as much as synthetic
- a 23cm by 18 cm square of lining fabric
- A 23cm by 18cm square of heat and bond
- Bias tape (mine was cut at 5cm wide) I made my own out of the same fabric as my lining. You don't need much.
- Embroidery thread and a co-coordinating button. (I covered my own, but it's up to you!)
On one of the shorter (18cm) sides of the rectangle sew a row of top stitching about 0.5 cm from the top.
Guess what? You're done. While I made these pouches with my phone in mind, I've found that they're useful for many things!