I love the time I spend with my family, I love the cooking, I love the making of gifts and even though I pretend I don't, I love the deadline it creates. I never sew harder or faster than in the days leading up to Christmas each year.
I also love not getting out of bed on Boxing Day, knowing everyone is content and that there is a fridge full of leftovers if anyone is hungry.
I know it is early but with my busy life of three children and a tendency to bite off more than I can chew (and I am not talking about the turkey), I am pretending that this year I will be more organised.
My strategies so far include:
- Convincing Pippa that the only colours to paint with are red and green - the perfect way to create a stash of beautiful hand made wrapping paper
- Buying large amounts of fabric
- Waiting anxiously by my letter box for my large amounts of fabric to arrive
- Pretending I will be able to complete my sewing list (5 pairs of pyjama pants, a Christmas stocking for Will, two dresses, a quiet book, a backpack, three babushka doll cushions, a felt dolly and a knitted headband) before the school holidays begin.
- Trying hard not to add to my sewing list